About our Warranties & Quality
Quality is important to you. You rely on IT for business continuity and to carry out the everyday tasks you're working on. If you work for a channel organisation you also need to make sure your customers are receiving only the very best, so you need to partner with vendors you can rely on. And if you're a home user there's nothing worse than a faulty laptop or computer and not knowing where to turn.
Our systems and laptops all come with a one year warranty, and sometimes a three year warranty, so you'll be protected against fails and get peace of mind.
Our warranties are all 'return to base' and once with us, we'll give your hardware a good once over and if possible repair it within its warranty period.
We understand the frustrations that go hand-in-hand with IT equipment that doesn't make the grade, so we make sure our hardware systems, repairs and spares are of the very highest quality. We want to make sure our customers are happy and we achieve that by delivering only the very best.
The Q20 Promise - Quality Assurance
We've made our Q20 Promise checklist available for our customers, so you can see the extensive checks we put any refurbished system through. All refurbished systems are completely checked to ensure you are buying the highest quality equipment – and we back this up with a one year warranty as minimum – proving our confidence in the IT systems we sell.
OUR Q20 PROMISE – Refurbished System 20 point Check List:
Cosmetic & Physical Checks:
- Cleaned inside and outside
- Case plastics, feet, badges, latches and side panels checked/replaced
- Front Plastic filler panels checked/replaced
- Front I/O ports visually checked
- Motherboard ports visually checked
- New CMOS battery installed
- New thermal compound applied to CPU if required
- Rear PCI slot covers checked/replaced
Diagnostic Software Tests:
- (CPU) Processor: Cache test involving pattern, walking, read and write
- (HDD/SSD) Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: Data wiped and verified
- (HDD/SSD) Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: Confidence test, device quick check, read test, seek test, S.M.A.R.T. test and verify test
- (Logic Board) Motherboard: Diagnostic tests include DNA controller, system timer, interrupt controller, floating point and the PCI bus
- (ODD) Optical Disk Drive: Confidence test, device quick check, read test, seek test, built in self-test and eject function test
- (RAM) Memory: Tests module seating and inversion tree
- BIOS Passwords cleared and reset to default settings
- BIOS Version checked and updated
- Owner & Asset tags checked and cleared
- System Event Log checked and cleared
- System Fans checked/replaced
- CPU Fan checked/replaced
Our Refurbished Grading System
Dell, HP and Lenovo:
Refurbished Grade A:
Grade A products will be in excellent to very good cosmetic condition. Some Grade A units will be like new, while others may have light scratches or other minor marks. Some laptops may have some shiny areas around the keyboard and trackpad. Cosmetic issues will not impact the system’s overall functionality or performance.
Refurbished Grade B:
These units will have some noticeable marks and scratches. Some laptops may have shiny keys on the keyboard and shiny surfaces around the keyboard. Grade B products function just as well as Grade A. They will include the same 12 months warranty and customer support as Grade A products. Pricing on Grade B products will typically be lower than Grade A products.
Refurbished Apple stock will be in excellent to good condition and made to look as close to new as possible. These machines may have some marks and show signs of use on the less visible areas (back of cases, stands and undersides). They will have no scratches or marks on the front and the screen. Cosmetic issues will not impact the system’s overall functionality or performance.
Refurbished Grade B:
Refurbished Apple Grade B units will have some noticeable marks and scratches. Grade B products function just as well as Grade A. They will include the same 12 months warranty and customer support as Grade A products. Pricing on Grade B products will typically be lower than Grade A products.
All of our stock goes through thorough testing by experienced engineers, according to our Q20 Promise. Every system is also backed by a 12 month comprehensive warranty.
We're Investors in People and we're proud of our highly skilled team. Together we offer a high quality service and we won't let you down. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.