Browse our FAQs on refurbished IT and our range of expert services. Here we answer the most frequently asked questions our team receive to help you learn more about hardware and our company policies.
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please call us on 01428 707900 and we’d be happy to help.
We stock refurbished computer systems from a wide range of well known brand names. We also hold over 20,000 spare computer parts so it's likely we'll have the part you need. If we don't have the spare you are looking for it's worth getting in touch with us. We have excellent contacts within the IT industry and we'll do our best to source exactly the part you need.
We also offer a repairs service from just £50. We aim to repair your faulty units within five working days.
'Form factor' is a term used to describe the different sizes of a computer's outer casing. There are usually four form factors available, and your computer will fit the description of one of them:
- Tower (MT or SMT) - Stands vertically, usually on the floor or a desk
- Desktop (SD or DT) - Sits horizontally on desk, about 3 inches wider than a piece of A4 paper
- Small Form Factor (SFF or SFX) - About the width of a piece of A4 paper in landscape form
- Ultra-Small Form Factor (USFF) - Significantly smaller than SFF
The form factor of a computer is dependent on the size of its motherboard, which is also known as form factor. Different form factors suit different purposes. If you are still not sure which of the above form factors your PC fits into, contact us and we will be able to help you work it out.
We aim to repair your hardware within five working days. If we need to use any extra spare parts we will contact you to let you know about the additional cost before we complete the repair.
You can find out about our environmental impact and commitments here.
We can take credit card payments over the phone, or if you prefer we can send a Sage Pay Invoice so you can make payment securely without disclosing your personal information.
Hardware Associates can also set up a credit account subject to a purchase order and approval. This can take as little as two hours to set up.
- To initiate a return please email email@example.com for an RMA (Returned Material Authorisation) form
- Hardware Associates Ltd Standard Terms and Conditions and Returns Procedures apply
- An RMA number will not be issued unless a meaningful fault report is entered
- An RMA number for shipment queries must be requested within 14 days of shipment
- If a replacement part is required, a new purchase order must be placed with our sales department
- Returns may be subject to a 20% restocking charge
- An RMA number will not be issued unless a serial number is entered on the RMA form
- Hardware Associates Ltd reserves the right not to accept faulty products without a valid RMA number. Faulty products returned without a valid RMA number will be quarantined and subject to delays
- The RMA number must be clearly visible on the outside of the packaging and on all documentation. Hardware Associates Ltd reserves the right to refuse delivery of any shipment which does not have an RMA number displayed on the outside
- Only one item is permitted per RMA form/number
- Suitable packaging must be used for all faulty products. Hardware Associates Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage caused as a direct result of the use of inadequate packaging. Particular attention should be given to static sensitive components. These should be packed in accordance with EN61340-5-1 (protection of electronic devices from electrostatic phenomena)
- Shipping charges to Hardware Associates Ltd are the returnee's responsibility
- Please ensure that any customer owned items connected or assembled with the parts for return are removed prior to return
- RMA numbers, once issued, are only valid for 30 calendar days. If the faulty product is not sent in during the allocated time, the RMA number expires.
We offer a one year warranty, and in some cases, a three year warranty, for your peace of mind. Find out more about our warranty here.
With the parts we have available, you can increase the size of your hard drive, increase memory capacity and processing speed, and upgrade other parts of your machine. Use our spare parts search tool to find out the spare parts we have available for your machine.
Our delivery information can be found here.
Why can't I order everything from Hardware Associates?